Penn is very sorry that she messed up her recording for this episode. The quality is lower than usual, but we hope you can listen pass it and focus on the great content. This won’t happen again, Penn swears.
Here we are with another episode in our PhD’s guide series. This time we are discussing how to write, and how to do it well! Of course we cannot discuss all there need to know about writing, nor are we experts, but we do have some good tips and tricks for you to follow. Join us in our conversation on the DO’s and DON’Ts when it comes to writing, and perhaps we can help you a bit on your journey from mediocrity to a writing greatness!
phd guide, writing
- Our writing bible, Howard Becker’s (2007) “Writing for Social Scientists”
- Stephen King’s Top 20 Rules for Writers
- Joan Bolker, another sociology bible, Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes A Day
- The FREE citation software: Zotero!
- 11 Rules of Grammar
- Short American Sociological Association citation guide