Welcome to senior year! It’s Fall 2020 and we are off to a great start with part 3 of our “You’re all sociologists!” series. For this premiere episode, we catch up on what the gang has been up to after summer vacation and we discuss how to take sociology to the next level. What does being a sociologist mean during this time of social unrest and political turmoil? How can we use the sociological imagination to help us understand the current social issues? Grab your thinking hat and join us for a new semester of advanced sociology!
Keywords: sociology, society, sociological imagination, public sociology
- Ellen is reading Isabelle Wilkerson’s Warmth of Other Suns, because Wilkerson just came out with a new book, Caste.
- Penn loved Naomi Novik’s fantasy romance, Uprooted
- Omar is reading Nandita Sharma’s (2020) Home Rule, and Anne Case and Angus Deaton’s (2020) Deaths of Despair
- If you haven’t heard our previous two episodes of the “You’re All Sociologists” series, check them out:
- Wisconsin’s Lieutenant Governor Talks About the Kenosha Protests and What Happens Next (The Nation)