‘Watchmen,’ the 1980s comic, has been adapted into a television series on HBO and a film. Which one is better? Brian Brutlag, from the Sociologist’s Dojo, joins our debate and explains how the comic has shaped the imagery and storylines of those that followed. We also discuss how capitalism recycles profitable plotlines and characters and how that cycle influences audiences’ interest. Tune in here and be sure to follow the Sociologist’s Dojo!
Pop culture, Watchmen, Capitalism, Superheroes, Anti-Heroes
Follow Brian and check out his podcast!
- The Sociologist’s Dojo: Self Defense for the Absurdity of our Social World
- Twitter: @ThesociologistS
- The Sociologist’s Dojo Podcast
- Watchmen the Comic Book
- Watchmen movie official trailer
- Watchmen TV Show (HBO) official tease
- Ready Player One (novel)
- Before Watchmen comic book series
- Doomsday Clock the comic book limited series
- The History Of Silver Age Comic Books
- What’s The Deal With Comic Book Age Ratings?
- Kick-Ass, the comic book series
- The Boys season 1 trailer
- HBO’s “Watchmen” is great. Its comic creator Alan Moore wants nothing to do with it
- Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use
- Joe Biden trips three times while boarding Air Force One