We’re baaaaacck! Welcome to the start of our 5th school year together. (Yep, you read that right: *fifth* year!) We’re getting things going with a quick talk story session between Omar and Ellen about the symbolic meanings of life in 2022. Vaccines, Manti Te’o, masks, Liz Cheney, Britney Spears, Joe Biden– each of these things and people hold a plethora of meanings to each of us, and shape how we interact with them. Tune in to catch up with us, and see if you share the same meanings as us!
Symbols, symbolic interactionism, COVID-19, masking, politics, pop culture
- Vaccines are now available for young children.
- Watch the fantastic documentary, “The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist,” about catfished footballer, Manti Te’o here.
- And you can read the OG article about Manti here.
- Read about Liz Cheney’s loss in the 2022 primary elections here.
- Ellen feels bad for Britney Spears. But rather than link to some awful article, here’s one to her newest song with Elton John!
- Omar feels bad for Joe Biden. But rather than link to another awful article, here’s one to cute puppies.